Founded in 1870


The Azienda Agricola Barale traces its roots all the way back to 1870 when Barolo wine had just appeared on the scene in the Langhe, promoted by the Marchesi Falletti and Camillo Benso, Count of Cavour.

Francesco Barale, great-grandfather of the current owner, was among the pioneers in the production of this blessed wine. Today Sergio Barale and daughters Eleonora and Gloria carry on the centuries old family tradition. The nineteenth-century manor house in the historic center of Barolo is the administrative and commercial headquarters of the company.

Nearby are the historic underground cellars, where new technologies have been introduced in accordance with traditional rules. The vinification and aging processes adopted are aimed at producing balanced wines in which the characteristics of the grape variety and region of origin prevail.